Red Balloon Technology Ltd
Alphomism - a belief system for our times.
alphomism questions explanations morality supernature predictions government forum
Welcome to the Alphomism Forums
Navigation : Alphomism Forums : Studies Help.
 Current Replies for "Studies Help."
  Studies Help. Rhia
Posted: 24/6/2005

I am trying to do a study on Alphomism for my Belief Systems class.
I am sure most of these questions have been answered on the site, but there are some I am still unsure of, so I am just going to post the questions and see how I go.
Thank you to all that help.

Ok, the basics:
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
How?

• Who 'created'/is the founder of this belief system? (what year)
• What is the meaning of life / Why do we exist?
• What happens after we die?
• How did the universe begin?
• How does the universe work?
• Why do people suffer?
• Is there a perfect way of organizing human interactions?
• Where do we get our ‘rules for living’ from?
• What are adherents (followers) of this worldview expected to do to demonstrate their commitment to it?
• How has this belief system evolved or changed over time?

Outline the philosophy, ideology, symbols, customs, rituals, norms, language, beliefs, change (including technology and globalisation, if relevant) and power structure of that belief system
  Re: Studies Help. Rhia
Posted: 24/6/2005

Also, is this the only place to find information on Alphomism
  Re: Studies Help. Mark1717
Posted: 26/6/2005

If you start at the beginning and read everything written on this site, I'm sure some of your questions will be answered. Anything that is underlined is defined on another page or pages. Richard posed this theory, and I'm sure he will be responding to your message in the near future. His theory is very interesting and well thought out. What's going on is his head ? Scary. Check out the forum discussions also. Heavy stuff.
  Re: Studies Help. Richard
Posted: 27/6/2005

Many thanks, Rhia, for taking an interest in Alphomism and thank you, Mark, also, for the very kind comments. Your remark about my head made me laugh a lot! I often wonder about it myself! Whatever, I don't seem to be able to help it.

Rhia, Mark's right that all the answers you seek are on the site. If I were to answer all your questions in detail I'd have to write another version of the site. But it is worth noting that all the underlined words can be clicked on to provide further detail (maybe you hadn't picked this up - others have missed out on this).

To show willing, I'll have a go at your list (below) but it may be worth mentioning here that I'm working on a PDF version of the theory which will have a different way of presenting the ideas and which will, of course, be printer-friendly. Mind you, it won't appear in a hurry; there's lots of work to be done on it yet and life keeps getting in the way.

Anyway, here goes:

1. Who 'created'/is the founder of this belief system? (what year)

I created it (- see biographical details on the site by clicking on the underlined 'single person' reference on the home page). The first version of the theory appeared in pamphlet form in about 1970. This web site version appeared about 3 or 4 years ago

2. What is the meaning of life / Why do we exist?

An account of 'the origins of existence'is logically impossible.To give an account of where everything came from we would have to start with something but then we would have to admit that our theory doesn't include everything because we are assuming something prior to everything...All we can do is declare 'Existence!' and then work out the best theory to describe the workings of the universe. But, as you will see from a study of the theory, there is a reason why conscious beings exist - life does have a purpose.

3. What happens after we die?

We cease to exist but we will be re-created at the Omega point. Because we can have no sense of time when we are dead, there will be no gap between our death and the point of re-creation. There will seem, when we die, to be an instant change from temporal life to timeless life.

4. How did the universe begin?

See the earlier answer. If 'universe' is taken to cover everything that has existed, does exist and will exist, as it is in this theory,then it makes no sense to seek an account of the origin of the universe. Such a theory is a logical impossibility.

5. How does the universe work?

It is a two-phase system, a time-based one and a timeless one. The time-based phase starts with the Big Bang (the destruction of the Alpha state) and ends with Omega (the re-assembling of all the energy in the universe). Alpha and Omega are identical, together they form 'Alphoma'. The time-based state (the process of evolution) is necessary for the existence of Alphoma.

6. Why do people suffer?

Without 'opposites' there could be no meaning. 'Light' requires 'Dark' and 'Pleasure' needs 'Pain'. At the point of the Big Bang the universe was in its most polarised state. As evolution progresses, the extremes get less. We have the misfortune to be existing in a relatively primitive stage of evolution. Our successors will suffer much less than we do - and in Alphoma we don't suffer at all; quite the opposite!

7. Is there a perfect way of organizing human interactions?

Yes, in Alphoma - which existed prior to the Big Bang and will exist once more at the end of the evolutionary process, ie at the end of time.

8. Where do we get our ‘rules for living’ from?

Briefly; from the logic of the universe. Look at the detail of the site to see how the two core values of love and truth provide the way forward for the universe and, at the same time, give us all the moral structure we need.

9.What are adherents (followers) of this worldview expected to do to demonstrate their commitment to it?

Nothing! It's just a theory. People call accept all, some or none of it as they choose. However, for the PDF version I am working on some possible forms of ceremony for betrothings, namings, funerals etc which people will be free to use if they wish. For many people, me included, rituals are important but they don't have to be religious ones.

10.How has this belief system evolved or changed over time?

There have been many refinements since the first pamphlet version but it would take too long to spell them out here. Generally, though,the main ideas have stayed the same.

11. Outline the philosophy, ideology, symbols, customs, rituals, norms, language, beliefs, change (including technology and globalisation, if relevant) and power structure of that belief system

The above is presumably your assignment guide. Perhaps the best thing I can say in this context is that Alphomism is not a religion - there is no worship, no mystery, no symbolisation, no power structure.It is, nonetheless, a system of belief and it should therefore be of interest to your class.

If you have time and energy,let me know how you get on.

All the very best with your studies,

Richard.

Contact Us